ELEKTRA returns from October 1 to 31 at Arsenal Contemporary Art Montreal and starts a new thematic cycle of three years, offering you METAMORPHOSIS, a new exhibition, questioning the state of the world and human society following the Covid-19 pandemic.
Co-curated by DooEun Choi, Artistic Director of Hyundai Motor Company in Seoul, and Alain Thibault, Artistic Director of ELEKTRA, the exhibition will seek to provoke timely reflections on the meaning of human progress in an era of uncertainty and will address topical issues around the triptych Human, Machine, Technology, in the light of the book Classic of Changes (I Ching).
METAMORPHOSIS will bring together 16 contemporary digital artists and 15 artworks, some of which will have their Canadian and North American premiere. While respecting health standards and social distancing, visitors will discover works by local and international artists among the most innovative digital artists and interact with immersive installations, in complete safety!
“It became essential to demonstrate that our digital art practice could resist the constraints imposed in order to offer artists a hybrid exhibition avenue, both face-to-face and digital, and to offer the population one of the rare opportunities to meet contemporary art.” Alain Thibault, Artistic Director of ELEKTRA
In addition to this physical exhibition held at Arsenal Contemporary Art Montreal, our past exhibitions are now accessible online in 2D format on the Google Arts and Culture platform but also soon in 3D directly on our website.
– Refik Anadol [TK-US] Space Dreams; Urban Dreams; Nature Dreams, 2020
– Michel de Broin [QC-CA], Castles Made of Sand, 2015
– Justine Emard [FR], Soul Shift, 2018
– exonemo [JP], Kiss, or Dual Monitors, 2017
– Adad Hannah [BC-CA], Social Distancing Portraits, 2020
– Daniel Iregui [CO / QC – CA], Antibodies, 2020
– Ryoichi Kurokawa [JP], Unfold, 2016
– Herman Kolgen [QC-CA], LifeFORM, 2020
– LuYang [CN] – Playing On My Mind, 2020
– Louis-Philippe Rondeau [QC-CA], LIMINAL, 2018
– Shinseungback Kimyonghun [KR], Cloud Face – Real Time, 2015-2020
– Xavier Snelgrove [ON – CA] & Mattie Tesfaldet [QC-CA], Latent Space Interpolation, 2019
– Samuel St Aubin [QC – CA], Prosperity II, 2020