Time is everything. People need to wear a watch to keep up with their appointments, set goals, meet deadlines, and check how much time they have left to finish a task. Watches come in different designs, colors, and mechanisms, but they all play one role—telling the right time.
As a business owner, how do you enhance your customers’ watch buying experience? For a consumer, what are the latest trends you have to look out for when buying a watch online or in physical watch stores?
Enhance the buying experience, whether luxury or average-brand watches, of consumers through various innovative solutions that will be discussed in detail below.
- Three-Dimensional (3D) Watch Configurator
A 3D watch configurator refers to an innovative tech solution that enables watch buyers to design their watches for a unique look. It uses Application Programming Interface (API), a set of protocols, tools, rules, and guidelines to build software and applications.
Business owners can use this innovative feature to enhance their customers’ buying experience and take it to the next level. You can create your set of rules to present your products better in 3D models on your watch online store. Moreover, buyers will be more confident in purchasing once they see the smallest details with high-definition 3D watch models.
Enhance your watch buying experience using a 3D watch configurator and obtain the following benefits:
- High-quality manual and batch image shoots for web visuals and print.
- Better product display, touch, high-end highlighting, and sensory experience for watch buyers.
- Allows for personalization, creating unique products with your customization rules, embedding them in your website.
- Ability to import 3D models and attain a complete product understanding
- Watch Laser Engraving
Whether watch buyers want to engrave their names, initials, or anything on the watch strap, backplate, front part, or any part of the watch, laser engraving gets the job done. Offer this innovative feature as one of your free or paid services for your watch business.
If you’re a watch buyer, you can choose a watch company that can provide you with this innovative laser engraving service free of charge to personalize your watch and get the best value for your money. So, what is laser engraving, and how does it work? Here are some interesting facts about watch laser engraving:
- High-Quality Engraving: This cutting-edge innovation automates the process of watch laser engraving using high-speed lasers. A laser can engrave a watch in less than 10 seconds using 635 DPI (high-definition rate or true photographic quality).
- How It Works: With proprietary software, automating the entire watch engraving process is seamless, from submitting, producing watch designs, and tracking requests.
- Can Use Any Material: Laser engraving is possible with almost any type of watch material such as steel, aluminum, stainless steel, plastic, glass, fabric, and leather.
- Watch AR Apps
Augmented Reality (AR) is an innovative solution that enables adding digital elements to mobile devices’ cameras such including smartphones. It creates the holographic content illusion, which makes a product appear real in front of you.
The watch industry uses AR technology to enable customers to view how a watch looks on their wrists. With the ‘try it on’ feature added on your watch online store app or website, you can help enhance your customers’ watch buying experience and allow them to make an informed decision before buying watches online.
The benefits of watch AR apps include the following:
- Take Part Of Watch Industry Shows: Consumers can capture and participate in the best watch industry shows, including new product releases from Tag Heuer, Audemars Piguet, Breitling, and many others. With the watch AR app, customers get a sense of how these new product releases will look and feel on their wrists.
- Take Photos: Watch buyers can take photos of them wearing their favorite brand of virtual watches using the app and post and share with friends on social media.
- Document Watch Ownership: With this innovative watch app, users can upload pictures of their watches, which provides an easily accessible virtual depository of watch ownership information—documenting the price, purchase date, serial numbers, service history, warranty details, and more.
- Subscriptions: Buyers can create their wish lists when browsing a watch store. They can subscribe to notifications when their desired watch brand or model becomes available.
- Watch Trading: Business owners and watch buyers can sell or trade new or pre-loved watches using a watch VR app. With the sell or trade app feature, sellers can provide details such as the brand name, reference number, and model. You may further authenticate the watch through supporting documents and by disclosing whether the papers and box are available.
- E-Commerce And Digital Marketing
According to a report, luxury watch brands show resiliency even in a difficult year. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, Switzerland watch companies have been planning to open mono-brand boutiques. Watch enthusiasts likewise turned to eCommerce platforms to buy watches.
Traditional brick-and-mortar watch retailers use technology to reach out to clients and create safe places for in-store shopping. These stores report that there’s a strong sales growth for high-end watches, and some even planning for an expansion.
Along with e-Commerce, business owners can take advantage of digital marketing strategies to further boost their customers’ buying experience, such as the following:
- Social Media Marketing: Post your watch 3D configurator design on your social media business pages to reach more customers.
- Influencer Marketing: Seek social media personalities to endorse your products by wearing 3D virtual watches or real ones.
- Video Marketing: The most-sought video marketing platforms that sellers and buyers can use are YouTube and TikTok.
Enhance the customers’ buying experience by embracing the innovative solutions discussed above. Use a 3D watch configurator to design, highlight, and boost customer experience when looking at your products online. This way, consumers can clearly capture the look and feel of the watch they’re planning to buy.
Watch laser engraving enables business owners to offer these services to their customers, enhancing their watch buying experience. For watch buyers and watch enthusiasts, they can virtually try on different brands of watches from a store.