The PDF format is a document that was created using the Adobe Acrobat software package; this type of file can also be generated by a special plug-in in a web browser or by other third-party utility.
The PDF file is common in the field of information exchange between users; a similar document format is considered one of the most common among the rest because it is supported by most operating systems, as well as mobile and computer equipment.
Free Windows Applications to Read & Create PDF
In order to edit PDF files, quite often experienced users prefer to use the full version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Usually, people do not know about other free applications, and they have to download adobe reader offline installer by default.
If you want to convert PDF files, there is plenty of proper software available. The content of PDF documents may consist of text, images, electronic signatures, annotations, forms, and other types of data. The PDF document will display the stored data regardless of the installed OS on the device or computer supported by this file format. Here, we present you with a list of free applications that you can use for PDF files.
STDU Viewer – A program for easy viewing of electronic documentation in popular formats TXT, TIFF, PDF, PalmDoc, and DjVu. The STDU Viewer goal is to replace multiple programs for viewing different formats, one simple. Convenient (standard operation buttons are already placed on the navigation bar), no overloaded interface, simple tools for document navigation do work with the STDU Viewer very easy.
Basic Features of STDU Viewer include:
– Simultaneous display of several pages on the screen.
– Rotate pages by 90 degrees.
– Adding bookmarks when reading to find the necessary snippets of text quickly.
– Support hyperlinks in those formats where this is possible.
– Browse pages, both individually and in the form of a book.
– Search in the text.
– Display content and thumbnails.
– A quick transition to a page.
The Foxit Reader amazes users by the ease and friendliness of the interface, the size (less than two megabytes), and the speed of opening PDF files.
The program does not require installation, it is not a demanding program and system configuration of the computer and can work with almost all versions of Windows.
Foxit Reader Key Features:
– Speed: When you start Foxit Reader, you do not have to consider the annoying flash window that shows the company logo, author names, and the like.
– Ability to insert comments: Foxit Reader allows you to add your comments to an existing PDF document, and then print or save it along with these comments.
– Security and privacy: Foxit Reader treats users safely and confidentially and never connects to the Internet without user permission. Foxit Reader does not contain any spyware or adware.
PDF-XChange Viewer is a freeware file viewer for PDF. In addition to reading documents with the PDF-XChange Viewer, you can fill out and save Adobe PDF forms, extract text and drawings, increase text and export PDF pages to images in BMP, JPEG, TIFF and PNG formats.
The PDF-XChange Viewer is smaller, faster, and more functional than the standard PDF viewer.
Main advantages of PDF-XChange Viewer:
– Add comments and annotations (stickers) to any PDF file.
– Adding and maintaining Custom Stamps from any image file or PDF file and even a system exchange buffer.
– It allows you to make notes (notes) by adding text or objects.
– Print directly to any PDF page.
– Export PDF pages or an entire file to any image format BMP, JPEG, TIFF, PNG.
– Copy text to the clipboard from a page or file.
– Supports work with tabs.
– Has an add-on for browsers MS IE and Firefox.
– Ability to download the portable version.
Soda PDF 3D Reader
Soda PDF 3D Reader – A program designed to view PDF documents. This add-on is not included in the Soda PDF package and is distributed separately without the need for a paid license.
The main task of Soda PDF 3D Reader is to create the most comfortable conditions for reading PDF files, such as books, articles, manuals, and more. Accordingly, this module has all the necessary tools for it – scales, bookmarks, and page jumps are possible. Also, the user has several different modes of working with documents, which allows you to fill out and use the monitor’s working space as effectively as possible.
Benefits of Soda PDF 3D Reader for users:
– Support for modern operating systems of the Microsoft Windows family.
– Free product.
– Possibility of a separate installation that does not depend on the main Soda PDF package.
– An intuitive user interface familiar to the office applications, including Soda PDF Desktop.