Hackers, activists, artists, educators are ask to come to develop the third Chicago/great lakes hackmeeting, oining free workshops, discussions and presentations on art, activism & technology; free vegan food all weekend.
Chicago hackmeetings are free conferences organized collaboratively by a rotating crew of hackers, activists and artists to host skillsharing workshops, critical discussions and presentations on hacktivist projects.
Scheduling and organizing Chicago hackmeetings is a public activity, open to anyone to contribute at public meetings or on the website: http://hackmeeting.dai5ychain.net
This third Chicago hackmeeting is loosely themed around education as a component of radical social practice and educational institutions as sites of resistance.
Talks/workshops/discussions already being planned include:
• Inside the One Laptop Per Child project (laptop.org) and how electronic constructivist educational theories are being put into practice.
• Counter-recruitment in Chicago schools.
• Workshops on circuit-bending, net graffiti and electronic civil disobedience.
• Open hack sessions : live coding collaborative software projects
• Live performances and screenings Saturday night and an Artware Deathmatch Sunday night.