Building and growing an online business does not stop at providing the best goods or services. Even if your products and services are the best in its class, no one will buy it if customers do not know that your business exists. If you want a successful online business, you must find ways to boost your online presence. To increase your online presence, you should implement link building to drive more traffic to your site.
What is Link Building?
Link building involves attaching the hyperlinks of other websites to your site content. A link that allows users to navigate from one page to another is a hyperlink. Search engines play an essential role in link building. The links are used to create connections between pages and websites. Link building helps direct traffic to your website and increase its search engine ranking.
The process of link building can be very challenging and has different levels of difficulty. Even search engine optimization (SEO) specialists agree that link building requires a lot of effort and knowledge to accomplish. By mastering the art of link building, you can improve your business’ online presence and boost brand awareness.
3 Types of Link Building Which Shouldn’t Be Ignored
Without a doubt, the best way to improve your ranking on search engines is by putting high-quality links on your website. Learn more about the three essential types of links you should never ignore:
- Inbound Links or Backlinks
Inbound links are incoming hyperlinks from another site to your website. Google considers backlinks as one of the most important factors to rank in their search engine. Back in the day, SEO specialists recommend getting as many backlinks to improve search ranking. However, this is no longer the case. As far as backlinks are concerned, it is crucial to focus on quality. Here’s how you can get high-quality backlinks for your website:
- Focus on Creating Attractive and Valuable Content
A great way to obtain high-quality backlinks is by creating engaging and useful content. High-quality content will organically create links from other websites that will share the content to their visitors.
- Reach Out to the Site Owner
After creating great content for your site, reach out to the owner of the website you wish to link to. If you are not sure what website to link to, find out what sites your competitor are linking to. There are online tools that let you enter the URL of a competitor and find out where their inbound links come from. You should also reach out to influencers and online authorities for backlinks.
- Choose Only High-Authority Domains
Make sure to get backlinks from high-authority domains as these can increase your search engine rankings. Backlinks from .gov and .edu domains create high-quality links.
- Get Backlinks from Different Websites
It is a good idea to get links from various high-authority sites instead of several links from a single website. Google considers link diversity when ranking your website.
- Review Which Websites Are Linking to Yours
You do not want less-than-credible websites linking to your website. Using Google Search Console, check for low-quality links and ask the owner of the site to remove the links.
- Outbound Links
Backlinks may be the most significant type of link, but you should also take outbound links seriously. These are your website links that go to other sites that will also affect the search ranking of your website.
- When creating content for your website, you can strategically place hyperlinks of another site. If your reader clicks on it, he or she will be redirected to a third-party page that should contain high-quality content.
- By placing outbound links on your content, you are redirecting your visitors to supplemental material that you believe is valuable and useful to them. You should configure your links so that the outbound link opens another browser window, making it easier for readers to go back to your site if necessary.
- Internal Links
Internal links are links that connect to the different pages of one website. Internal links allow visitors to find relevant content within your website. This type of connection benefits your company by keeping your viewers on your site longer.
- If you think internal links are not important to search engines, think again. These links will help Google and other search engines better understand the content of your website. Search engines will be able to decipher whether the content from your site is relevant to the visitors’ needs. Your search rankings improve, and users can find relevant and valuable information.
- Every time you put up new content on your site, always find an opportunity to link another page from your website to the new post. Evaluate which pages from your website is popular among readers so that you can insert links of your other content.
- Avoid using generic text such as “click here” for your internal links. Instead, use anchor text with relevant keywords so that the viewer has an idea on what kind of information they will find when they click the link.
The Benefits of Link Building
Link building is an aspect of search engine optimization that should not be disregarded. If you want your site to rank better on search engines, you should not neglect proper and effectual link building. Your website will benefit from high-quality links in several ways:
- Improved visibility of your content in search engine results
- Increased traffic for your website
- Boosts your website’s reputation and authority
- Your content is indexed better and quicker by search engines
- Better reach and conversion
Make sure to implement proper and ethical link building techniques since irrelevant links will hurt your website and your business in general. Link building requires the right amount of effort and analysis. For your business to succeed, you should make an effort to boost your company’s online presence. There are many Internet marketing strategies out there that you can utilize. But you should not forget to implement link building strategies that will benefit your business in many ways.